For more information, visit the home page: http://www.neropta.com/funrun/
Northwood realizes the need for a change in schools promoting healthy behavior and we intend to implement that change in our fundraising efforts this school year. Your child will have fun while exercising and helping their school. A Fun Run is an event where the students will run or walk a course during the school day. They will be provided a warm up time, then time to run or walk the designated course. Afterwards, they will have a healthy snack and take a group picture. 100% OF THE MONEY COLLECTED WILL BENEFIT THE NORTHWOOD PTA.
This is a school-wide fundraiser. Every child will be asked to participate by gathering pledges from family, friends and neighbors. Our goal is to have each child raise $50 for this event. Everyone will be able to take part in the actual “Fun Run” regardless of the number of pledges he/she receives. THIS IS THE ONLY FUNDRAISER ALL YEAR WHEN YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ASK ANYONE FOR MONEY TO HELP YOUR SCHOOL!
I encourage all of you to get your children involved in this group event. Unlike other fundraisers, the Fun Run will enable children to go out and raise money for their school based on their own participation. As they ask for pledges, encourage them to let the donors know that they will be walking/running for their school. This is a way for the children to take ownership and pride in their school. I’m excited to offer a child-run fundraiser like this one.
Please check your child’s green folders for pledge sheets that will be coming home on March 30th. We look forward to another successful Fun Run!
Stephanie Zielinski firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun Run Chairperson
2012 Fun Run Rewards
- Overall pledge earner wins an IPod Touch.
- The top earners in each GRADE win 2 tickets to an upcoming Detroit Tiger’s Game.
- The TOP THREE CLASSROOMS will win a class room prize.
- Any CLASSROOM that reaches their group goal gets to choose their own playground/recess pack.
- If the SCHOOL GOAL of $19,000.00 is reached, our principal, Mrs. Ashburn, will be turned into a human sundae by a few chosen students during a school-wide assembly.
- EACH CHILD will receive a prize pack from Beaumont Hospital’s Healthy Schools Program.
- Those children that reach their $50 pledge goal will receive a Running Shoe Key Chain.
- Those children that reach their $50 pledge goal will have their name entered into a drawing to win an additional prize (gift cards and movie tickets are examples).
- Once the $50 pledge point is reached, that child’s name will be entered into that drawing again with each additional $25 in pledges.
- EACH CHILD that hands in a donation (IN ANY AMOUNT) will have their name entered in a drawing to have lunch with Mrs. Ashburn.