Want to get more involved?
Become an Executive Board member or Committee Chairperson!
Without dedicated chairpeople, some programs may not be offered next year. Please consider donating your time. Co-chair an event with a friend … the more, the merrier!
Openings for 2016-17 school year:
- President: Oversees all PTA initiatives and events. Works closely with Northwood staff and Royal Oak PTA Council. Runs Northwood PTA meetings 2nd Monday of every month. Attends Royal Oak Council meetings 1st Monday of every month.
- 2nd VP, Fundraising: Oversees all fundraising committee chairs and events.
- Health and Welfare: Organizes school health/safety efforts. Runs “Noon Walkers” program during lunch recess, as well as National Walk to School Day event.
- Reflections: Coordinates National PTA student arts recognition program.
- Bylaws/Parliamentarian: Overse
es Northwood PTA bylaws and reviews/revises them every 3 years.
- Donuts for Dads: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually in December, where children bring dads or a special someone to enjoy donuts and coffee/beverages.
- Family Pottery Painting Night: Coordinates with Creative Arts Studio for 1 night at Northwood. Collects and records orders, runs event, distributes completed artwork.
- Fun Fair: Organizes end-of-year celebration. Oversees vendors, food, games, etc.
- Green Schools: Helps Northwood maintain our “Green School” status by bringing new ideas or managing already implemented activities.
- Muffins for Moms: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually around Mother’s Day, where kids bring mom or a special someone to enjoy muffins and coffee/beverages.
- Science Olympiad: Facilitates this educational evening that provides hands-on learning activities designed to spark the imagination and illuminate the world of science.
- Square 1 Art: Manages popular fundraiser that turns students’ artwork into keepsakes.
- Sweetheart Breakfast: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually around Valentine’s Day, where kids bring a special someone for bagels, sweets and coffee/beverages.
- Daddy/Daughter Dance: Coordinates fun evening for all of the girls and their special someone at Northwood, usually in March. Organizes invites, decorations, dj, photo booth, raffle, food/beverages, games, penny candy, etc.
Sign up today and shadow your predecessor now!
Contact Laura Brewer with any questions: email@example.com