Want to get more involved? Become an Executive Board member or Committee Chairperson
Without dedicated chairpeople, some programs may not be offered next year. Please consider donating your time. Co-chair an event with a friend … the more, the merrier!
Openings for 2016-17 school year:
- 1st VP – Community Affairs: Oversees all committee chairs and events that are not fundraisers
- 2nd VP, Fundraising: Oversees all fundraising committee chairs and events.
- Health and Welfare: Organizes school health/safety efforts. Runs “Noon Walkers” program during lunch recess, as well as National Walk to School Day event.
- Reflections: Coordinates National PTA student arts recognition program.
- Bylaws/Parliamentarian: Overse
es Northwood PTA bylaws and reviews/revises them every 3 years.
- Daddy/Daughter Dance: Coordinates fun evening for all of the girls and their special someone at Northwood, usually in March. Organizes invites, decorations, dj, photo booth, raffle, food/beverages, games, penny candy, etc.
- Donuts for Dads: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually in December, where children bring dads or a special someone to enjoy donuts and coffee/beverages.
- Fun Fair: Organizes end-of-year celebration. Oversees vendors, food, games, etc.
- Green Schools: Helps Northwood maintain our “Green School” status by bringing new ideas or managing already implemented activities.
- Muffins for Moms: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually around Mother’s Day, where kids bring mom or a special someone to enjoy muffins and coffee/beverages.
- Science Olympiad: Facilitates this educational evening that provides hands-on learning activities designed to spark the imagination and illuminate the world of science.
- Social Media: Keep our Northwood PTA Facebook page up to date with current events and answer questions posted on page.
- Sweetheart Breakfast: Coordinates and executes 1 morning, usually around Valentine’s Day, where kids bring a special someone for bagels, sweets and coffee/beverages
Sign up today and shadow your predecessor now!
Contact Laura Brewer with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org