Please consider becoming a part of The Executive Board or filling a Committee Chair position. Most positions are very little time commitment and fun to do! We need these positions to be filled before schools starts back up in the fall to ensure that these activities/events will continue next year and that money will be budgeted for them this summer at the annual budget meeting. Too nervous to take on a position by yourself? Then grab a friend and co-chair an event! Sign up today and shadow your predecessor to make your position that much easier!
Openings for 2016-17 school year:
- 1st VP – Community Affairs: Oversees all committee chairs and events that are not fundraisers
- 2nd VP, Fundraising: Oversees all fundraising committee chairs and events.
- Health and Welfare: Organizes school health/safety efforts. Runs “Noon Walkers” program during lunch recess, as well as National Walk to School Day event.
- Reflections: Coordinates National PTA student arts recognition program.
- Bylaws/Parliamentarian: Overse
es Northwood PTA bylaws and reviews/revises them every 3 years.
- Community Affairs: Help Northwood families in need with holiday gift drive. Organizes canned food drive for local charity.
- Daddy/Daughter Dance: Coordinates fun evening for all of the girls and their special someone at Northwood, usually in March. Organizes invites, decorations, dj, photo booth, raffle, food/beverages, games, penny candy, etc.
- Fun Fair: Organizes end-of-year celebration. Oversees vendors, food, games, etc.
- Green Schools: Helps Northwood maintain our “Green School” status by bringing new ideas or managing already implemented activities.
- Contact Laura Brewer with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org