PTA would like to welcome all New Families to Northwood!
We look forward to another great year. If you are new to our school and PTA, here are the top reasons to join PTA:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school. Subscribe now at the home page to receive weekly newsletters, updates, event information, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with our PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at Northwood.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at Northwood you’ll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Our PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Membership Directory Available only to PTA members. Priceless for play date setup during holidays, birthday party invitations, etc.
- Build our numbers by state and nationally. Have a voice in Legislation. PTA has a national voice to help pass laws that benefit our children, such as funding, anti-bullying laws and healthier food options in school. With so many changes in public education including budget cuts and increased classroom sizes, it is more important than ever to advocate for our children at a State and National Level. Without parents and PTA members, our voices cannot be heard.
Membership into the PTA supports the objective to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and the community.
To carry out the goal of the PTA, we have numerous functions to educate our youth.
Programs the PTA sponsors are: Reflections, Health and Welfare, Cultural Arts, Community Affairs and many more. There are also many FUN functions as well: Apple Fun Fair, Ice Cream Social, Family Picnic, Talent Show, Science Olympiad, Daddy Daughter Dance, Mom/Son Event and many more.
Become a PTA Member Today!
It’s only $7 per person or $14 per family to have a voice in an organization that promotes education, child health & welfare and strong communities. Please fill out the Royal Oak Schools Elementary PTA 2016-17 Membership Form and return with a check to the school office or complete a membership form and submit a payment through the Royal Oak PTA Online Membership Page.