PTA Bylaws and Standing Rules
Treasurer Financial Policies:
- All chairpersons should receive a copy of their budget in advance of the event. If you do not receive one, or if you have questions, please contact me.
- If you anticipate that the budget is not sufficient for an event, the chairperson is responsible for requesting PTA approval for a budget increase in advance of making the additional expenditures. This is done by making a motion at a PTA meeting for surplus approval, so it is noted in our minutes before any overages are paid out. Any amount that is not approved is considered a donation to the PTA.
- Blank forms for “Payment/Reimbursement Requests” and “Event Tally Sheet for Deposits” can be found in the PTA box in the office, or online. Completed Payment/Reimbursement Requests can be left in the “FOR TREASURER” envelope in the PTA box in the office. Please deliver all monies and the accompanying Event Tally Sheet for Deposits directly to me. Be prepared to wait while all monies are counted, and approved, so a receipt can be given to you. Please remit deposits promptly. (DO NOT HOLD ON TO DEPOSITS!)
- Original receipts, invoices or contracts must accompany all Payment/Reimbursement Requests. If there are no documents attached, reimbursement will not be made.
- Checks will be available on Fridays by 3:45 p.m. for all Reimbursement Requests submitted by the prior Friday. Checks will be left in the “FROM TREASURER” envelope in the PTA box in the office, unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided for mailing.
- At events where cash/checks are received, please contact me to review the money-handling procedures. Two people are needed to count all monies and record.
- All checks for deposit should be made payable to “Northwood PTA”. The bank will not accept checks made out to “Cash”.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Suzanne Bates, PTA Treasurer
Northwood News/Email blasts/Website guidelines
Northwood News is sent out weekly on Monday morning at 6am.
Requests must be submitted in a timely manner prior to the event, news, or updates (allow several weeks in advance). We want it to be a success with adequate advertising!
To be included in the Monday delivery, send all your info by Friday afternoon.